Thursday 14 June 2012

Born To Run - by Christopher Mcdougall



Whenever you do a search for "Running Books" or "Books about Running", the fantastic “Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen" always comes top of the list. Eventually, I had enough of people telling me how great the book was, and I decided to see for myself.

I also really wanted to test out the kindle app on my Ipad, so thought it was perfect timing (reading on the Kindle app is great by the way).

The book essentially tells the story of  how humans are a species, were "Born to Run". It has a fascinating chapter on how Running was a vital part of our eveloution, and makes us who we are today. It really is fascinating and has some wonderful stories about the reclusive tribe the Tarahumara, some of the worlds best ultrarunners and amazing races.

The book adresses the question of running and how modern running technology has played a part in making us more injury prone, inefficient runners. Born to Run has inspired me to pursue minimalist running, and I will be posting about this in the weeks to come. I am actually going to attend a barefoot clinic at my local running shop in Edinburgh, if you are from these part you should check it out too.

I thoroughly recommend this to any body who is interested in running. I would even recommend it to those of you who are not, as after reading it, you will be!


I would love to hear what you thought about the book. Have you been converted to running barefoot? Do you now eat, sleep and run like the tarahumara?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...